10 Things You Didn't Know About Me
Happy New Year! With my first blog post of the year, I'd like to reintroduce myself to you by sharing more about me and my personality. Now you may be saying to yourself, "but Kwame already shares so much of herself with all of us". Would you believe there's even more to share?
So, without further adieu...allow me to reintroduce myself to you. I'm a single mom of a teenage girl, two kitties, and an adorable Yorkie. I work full time a practice manager of a physical therapy facility. I'm also an independent contractor for a social media company as well as the creative mind behind this blog.
- I enjoy mentoring and giving career advice. That's what I love most about being a manager. I love helping employees find their career path, even if it leads to working for another organization.
- A Star Wars geek from birth. It's probably because I used to watch these movies with my mom and brother. Return of the Jedi is my favorite because of the adorable Ewoks and the father/son relationship between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader.
- Currently studying Buddhism. Since the death of my older brother, I've been on a quest of self-knowledge and self-awareness. Buddhism is helping me learn how to be a compassionate person and own my path in life.
- I'm an avid tea drinker. My ideal day is spent at home drinking English Breakfast or Chai tea, reading or watching Netflix. Sounds boring to some but it's heaven to me.
- I enjoy taking personality tests like Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Strengthfinders. I'm an INTP - Introvert iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving. Apparently, my personality type is always on a quest to learn more about themselves and the world around them. We're hungry for knowledge which can be super annoying because I become so sad if I'm not learning in all areas of my life.
- I'm a huge procrastinator. I think I secretly like the adrenaline rush that I get from doing things at the last minute.
- I'm a Mama’s girl. When things get tough she's the first person I call. She's my Ghostbusters. My life line.
- I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian. Before becoming a vegetarian, I researched the food industry thoroughly by watching documentaries like Forks Over Knives and Food Inc. and by reading books like The Omnivore's Dilemma and Fast Food Nation. I don't miss meat at all; the more I learned about slaughterhouses and the food industry the less I wanted to eat it.
- Huge Justin Bieber fan. My daughter recently reminded me that introduced her to his music, and it's supposed to be the other way around.
- I make delicious pancakes according to my daughter. My specialty is Banana Carob Chip pancakes. IHOP better watch out or I guess I can always get a part-time job there. Hahaha.
Hope you enjoyed learning more about me. Thank you for your continued support as I enter the second year of blogging.
image from CreateHerStock