Self-Care & Self-Love Quotes You Need to Read❤️
While navigating the trials and tribulations of life, the one thing we routinely neglect is ourself. Women are especially guilty of this. We know self care and self love are the keys to living a fulfilling life but we often forget to make it a daily priority. Reading quotes about self-care and self-love reinforces our need to be selfish with our space and time.
Self-care is vital to our very existence as women because putting yourself is a necessary form of selfishness. Don't allow caring for or loving yourself to play second fiddle to the other priorities in your life.
Here are a few self-care and self-love quotes to brighten your day and to remind you that you are important.
- Every morning, look in the mirror and affirm positive words into your life. -Lailah Gifty Akita
- Do something everyday that is loving towards your body and gives you the opportunity to enjoy the sensations of your body. -Golda Poretsky
- Our bodies are our gardens to which or wills are gardeners. -William Shakespeare
- Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are. -Malcolm S. Forbes
- Self-care is never a selfish act - it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on the earth to offer others. -Parker Palmer
- Caring for myself is not self-indulgent, it is self preservation and that is an act of political warfare. -Audre Lorde
- My body is a holy temple. -Lailah Gifty Akita
- You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserves love and affection. -Buddha
- You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are. -Yogi Bhagan
- You're always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy your company. -Diane Von Furstenberg
- Knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving. When we can be alone, we can be with others without using them as a means of escape. -bell hooks
- A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life. -Andrew Matthews