25 Inspirational Quotes for Introverts
Every weekend I spend at least one day doing two things: thinking of a master plan and enjoying alone time. If I don't have alone time I become mean, cranky, and somewhat homicidal. No joke, I'm serious. I'm an introvert, I need this quiet time because it gives me an opportunity to recharge and it sparks my creativity. Below is a compilation of introvert quotes I put together to remind myself and fellow introverts of the importance of embracing solitude.
1. I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel. ~Audrey Hepburn
2. I'll be honest with you, I'm a little bit of a loner. It's been a big part of my maturing process to learn to allow people to support me. I tend to be very self-reliant and private. And I have this history of wanting to work things out on my own to protect people from what's going on with me. ~Kerry Washington
3. Solitude has its own very strange beauty to it. ~Liv Tyler
4. Quiet people have the loudest minds. ~Stephen Hawking
5. Introverts crave meaning, so party chitchat feels like sandpaper to our psyche. ~Diane Cameron
6. I'm an introvert...I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky. ~ Audrey Hepburn
7. Blessed are those who do not fear solitude, who are not afraid of their own company, who are not always desperately looking for something to do, something to amuse themselves with, something to judge. ~Paulo Coelho
8. I don't believe anything really revolutionary has ever been invented by committee...I'm going to give you some advice that might be hard to take. That advice is: work alone...Not a committee. Not on a team. ~Steve Wozniak
9. Don't think of introversion as something that needs to be cured...spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ~Susan Cain
10. There's zero correlation between being the best talker and having the best ideas. ~Susan Cain
11. I think a lot, but I don't say much. ~Anne Frank
12. Please kindly go away, I'm introverting. Beth Buelow, The Introvert Entrepreneur
13. I don't have time for superficial friends, I suppose if you're really lonely you can call a superficial friend, but otherwise, what's the point? ~Courtney Cox
14. Solitude matters, and for some people, it's the air they breathe. ~Susan Cain
15. Introverts think carefully before they speak. We can be excellent public speakers because we prepare carefully, ~Sophia Dembling
16. Isn't it refreshing to know that what comes perfectly natural for you is your greatest strength? Your power is in your nature, You may not think it's a big deal that you can spend hours immersed in something that interests you - alone - but the extrovert next door has no idea how to do it. ~Laurie Helgoe
17. Writing is something you do alone. It's a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~John Green
18. "...because I rant not, neither rave of what I feel, can you be so shallow as to dream that I feel nothing?" ~R.D. Blackmore
19. Now that you're an adult, you might feel a pang of guilt when you decline a dinner invitation in favor of a good book. Or maybe you like to eat alone in restaurants and could do without the pitying looks from fellow diners. Or you're told that you're "in your head too much", a phrase that's often deployed against the quiet and cerebral. Or maybe there's another word for such people: thinkers. ~Susan Cain
20. Most people in politics draw energy from backslapping and shaking hands and all that. I draw energy from discussing ideas. ~Al Gore
21. You may think I'm small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~Yoko Ono
22. Whatever kind of introvert you are, some people will find you "too much" in some ways and "not enough" in others. ~Laurie Helgoe
23. My imagination functions much better when I don't have to speak to people. ~Patricia Highsmith
24. Originality thrives in seclusion free of outside influences beating upon us to cripple the creative mind. Be alone - that is the secret of invention: be alone, that is when ideas are born. ~Nikola Tesla
25. In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone. ~Rollo May
Here's and extra one I couldn't help but include...Solitude gives birth to the original in us, to beauty unfamiliar and perilous to poetry. ~Thomas Mann
I love inspirational quotes and I have all of these introvert quotes written in my daily intentions notebook as a reminder that it's okay to be a loner, enjoy solitude, but more importantly...to be myself.
Do you keep quotes in a special place for inspiration? What's your favorite quote or quotes? Would love to read them so please share it in the comments.
Love what you read?! Share this post and don't forget to subscribe below to receive updates and more.